Saturday, March 31, 2012

No Regrets when Looking Back: My Thoughts.

(Random thoughts. . . Forgive the roughness of my ramblings. . .)

I know a lot of people who regret things they've done. Things they haven't done. Things they started and never finished. I use to be one of those people up until a few weeks ago, when I realized that living regretting all your mistakes is a bondage! It's hard work to keep kicking yourself for mistakes you made and for missed opportunities and for making wrong choices! I'm not saying that you should go through life intentionally making mistakes and never asking for forgiveness or repenting, but if you've already been forgiven, you should be moving on!

There are a lot of things that I did or didn't do in the past that still make me cringe when I think about it, but I've been forgiven and set free from those things. I sometimes feel bad that I never went to college (because I'm so old now, I could never go! Haha! Just kidding!), but why should I let that fact weigh me down? Instead of letting those things rule my life, I've come up with a new game plan for myself. . . I'm going to live my life intentionally! Live every day like it's on purpose! I'm barely 21 years old, and I was acting like my life was already over! Shocking fact, there IS life and purpose after high school!

I've just decided, no more sitting around and wondering what could have been, or what I could have been, or what I could have done. I'm going to live the life that God's given me now! I'm going to go to college someday. I'm going to tour Europe with Jere and Asher in the future. I'm going to get back into playing piano and acting and I'm going to be good at it! And who knows? Maybe this stuff is not going to happen for a few more years, but (unless it's not in His plans for me) I'm the only one holding myself back!

So, basically, I've made a list of things that I want to do this year. None of them may seem like a big deal to anyone else, but they're things that I want to get done. To accomplish. I don't want to look back anymore and wish that I could have done something and didn't. . . No more regrets, startiiiiiing. . . Now!

Every new day is another chance to change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment